Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gloria flies to Maine


Gloria flies to Maine   …   Tuesday 23 April 2013

Today was the day Gloria took off for Maine to see her parents and sister Liz. It didn't start off well - we had just tied up the dinghy at the marina dock, where we had arranged to pick up a taxi to the airport, when we got an automated cell phone call to say the first flight had been cancelled.  It was difficult to decide what to do because the taxi was waiting but we had no access to internet to start to plan alternative  routes. In the end Gloria jumped in the cab with the aim of sorting things out at the airport. In fairness to Delta it was only another 10 or 15 minutes before they called back to say that Gloria had been re-scheduled on flights leaving a couple of hours later. Apparently these were also delayed! So as I write this at 9.30 in the evening I know that Gloria has landed up in Portland Maine and presume that she is still on the road completing the 2 hour drive to her folks. It's a long haul.
In contrast my day was pretty easy. I managed to get a second coat of varnish on the toe-rail and put some 20 gallons of diesel into the main tank from jerry cans that I filled at the marina. I think another 10 gallons and we should be pretty much topped up. Other than that it was a bit of a lazy day. It certainly seems very strange to be on the boat on my own. Thankfully it's only for a couple of days - Gloria should be back Friday evening. Tomorrow I must try and be a little more energetic.

Mike

no photos today

No comments:

Post a Comment