Sunday, February 21, 2021

Some days are slow days

Some days are slow days

Sunday February 21, 2021

In the middle of the night I woke with a migraine headache.  I took some ibuprofen and slept fitfully for the rest of the night.  In the morning my head was still hurting and I took more ibuprofen and acetaminophen with breakfast.  My whole day has really been overshadowed by the migraine.

Mike took a trip to the Publix to re-provision the boat before we leave the marina.  He brought back a lot of food so we should be in good shape.  I gather his bike trip to the Publix was pretty hard going as it was directly into the easterly wind.  The wind continues to be strong today.  In fact, the boat is doing quite a lot of dancing around in this slip. There’s quite a bit more movement than you might expect.... I think the big winds are going to start settling down soon.

My only contribution today was baking some banana bread from our over-ripe bananas.  Also I did a little bit of sewing and have now assembled the quilt top of my first project. 

Tasha got a second negative test for Covid-19.  This was very welcome news and she should be cleared to instruct on the canyoneering course starting later in the week. McKenzie continues to feel better although it has been a bit of an up and down experience and unfortunately she did miss her canoeing course on the Rio Grande.

Gloria

24 42.220 N, 81 06.131 W

Around 6pm I headed out on my bike again to catch the sunset and evening light on the south coast of the island. It was still blowing really strongly so I went to the Edward B. Knight pier because it’s concrete and won’t vibrate causing camera shake. I was excited to see a couple of kite-surfers that were very impressive driving right up to the edge of the pier before going airborne and reversing direction. At times I would estimate they were 50 feet above the ocean. By the time I got there the sun was just setting and I wish I had been there half an hour earlier when the light was stronger. The following are shown in the order they were taken ...

Mike


Sunset behind the naval radar and early warning facilities


Surfer #1


Surfer #2



Casual air


Massive air !


Edward B. Knight pier

No comments:

Post a Comment