Saturday, August 1, 2020

Is that really what you want to do on your Wedding Anniversary?

Is that really what you want to do on your Wedding Anniversary?

Sat 1st August 2020


Today we handed over the keys to our house to the Masurel family. Vianney, Dorothee, Maxime, Lise, Eulalie and Eloi, we hope you will all have a great time at 24 Martin Drive in the year ahead! We would love to hear from you!

I actually drove down to East Greenwich yesterday afternoon, launched the dinghy and moved a bunch more stuff onto the boat. I’m delighted to say that outboard motor is working fine! After spending the night on board, I drove back up to Sudbury to finish things up at the house and by mid afternoon we were back aboard with all our gear stowed away. After a 5-minute break (I’m not good at just hanging out and relaxing) I mentioned to Gloria that I was considering starting work on replacing the pumping unit on our forward “head” (toilet). “Is that really what you want to do on our anniversary?” Gloria replied. A fair point … and I thought I was the romantic! Actually I can say with some certainty that this is a job I never really want to do. Anyway, I know you are all thinking that I had forgotten our anniversary – well that’s not true, we’ve just been so busy we haven’t had time to think about celebrating. It was 33 years ago that Gloria and I got married in the Brown University chapel in Providence and it’s been a fantastic 33 years!

So we spent the rest of the afternoon sitting on the side deck of the boat in the shade of the dodger and picking up as much breeze as possible. We then cooked a fine dinner – rib eye steak, pan fried in butter with Aleppo pepper, sumac, black olives and cream, served with wild rice and cauliflower. We ate in the cockpit as the sun went down and an almost full moon rose above the horizon. A lovely evening!

Mike

41.6547, -71.4485


Our 33rd wedding anniversary dinner in the cockpit

3 comments:

  1. Great wedding 33 years ago, great couple, great friends! Happy (belated) Anniversary Gloria and Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - many congrats to you both, and delighted at the resurrection of teh blog!
    Will

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovelies.
    Congratulations (belated!) on your anniversary.
    You are two of the most fabulous folk I know and fully deserve the happiness that you have found in each other. Love Sx

    ReplyDelete