Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Nothing like a good nights sleep

Nothing like a good nights sleep

Wednesday 16 December 2020

I woke at 2 am, overheated. It was a warm night, but in my dazed state I was convinced I had a fever and must have contracted Covid. I got up, drank some water and took some ibuprofen. Five hours of tossing and turning later I took my temperature … a whopping 97.2oF. According to the thermometer I was barely alive let alone feverish. Does anyone else have attacks of paranoia like this during the dark hours, or is it just me? The good news is that we are both fine and after Gloria made coffee the world started to look like a much better place.

We got a lot done today. We took our folding bikes to shore and cycled out to the Winn-Dixie grocery store about three miles away. We bought everything we needed and got most of it into our backpacks. What was left I carried in a bag over my wrist whilst holding the handlebars. But as it swung around I could barely hold the front wheel on a steady course so we stopped and strapped it to the rack on the back of the bike. That worked much better. We took the groceries back to the boat in the dinghy and after lunch brought our laundry to shore and washed and dried it at the marina facility. I did another quick trip on the bike to buy some wine and take photos of some of the many wading birds in the area. After that it was back to Cotinga. We had just finished taking the outboard off the dinghy when it started to rain so we felt that we had really made the best use of the day. Tomorrow we plan to move on to Cocoa.

Mike

28 37.610 N, 80 48.335 W


Titusville mooring field - the sun shining through the mist


The A. Max Brewer bridge from the Titusville mooring field. This is one of teh many fixed bridges with 65 ft vertical clearance. Our mast is 62 ft with instruments and we've seen a number of height boards showing 63 ft !


White ibis


Woodstork


Anhinga ("Snake Bird")


No comments:

Post a Comment