Monday, December 4, 2017

Sunday is Football

Monday 4th December 2017

Sunday tends to be a bit of a lazy day. I did some easy jobs in the morning, repairing the latch on one of the galley drawers, downloading a new set of Kindle books from the library and I also made a loaf of bread. It’s a ciabatta, but I’m a little out of practice so it came out somewhat flatter than you might wish. It also stuck to the pan, but it tastes good. I discovered that if a put the bowl with the dough on the table in the cockpit it gets plenty warm enough to rise. I also discovered that “cling film” (Saran wrap) sticks to bread dough.
In the afternoon I wandered along to Captain Mulligan’s open air bar and watched football on the big screen. It was great to see the Patriots whip the Bills! However, I think that Rob Gronkowski deserves and will get a one game suspension for his cheap shot on Tre'Davious White. Anyway, after the game I grabbed camera and tripod and set out to take some low light shots, returning to the boat about 7.30pm. Just enough time left before boater’s midnight to cook up a chinese stir fry with chicken, broccoli, red pepper, onions and mushrooms. Yummy!


Let me finish with a question …would you trust a weather forecast from an iPhone that says “it is currently 80oF … today’s high will be 79oF” … sounds like  your average comment from a White House press briefing!


Kids playing with light-sticks in the marina grounds


Kids playing with light-sticks in the marina grounds


Gennaker's restaurant at Nanny Cay



Gennaker's restaurant at Nanny Cay


Gennaker's restaurant at Nanny Cay


Gennaker's restaurant at Nanny Cay ... the way to the bathroom!


The boat lifting operation ... This boat was a real issue. As they started to lift it, the adjacent boat began to lean against high voltage transformer. The manager of the marina quickly shut down the transformer stopping power to the docks until both boats were safely out of the way. Work was done for the night when I took this shot


Toppled boats backlit with the full moon. I took this shot with a tripod and long exposure, running around frantically trying to illuminate the boats with multiple discharges from my flashgun.


As above ... I have both shots in B&W as well but can't decide which I prefer.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos of Gennakers restaurant. And agree about weather forecast and Grok! Fran

    ReplyDelete