Sunday, December 9, 2012

Amazing Coincidence


Amazing Coincidence—9th Dec 2012

Yesterday morning I got chatting to a couple walking along the dock. They were Karen and Charles and had recently purchased the power vessel tied up near the end of C-dock.  They mentioned that they had just moved onto their boat after selling up their home in Massachusetts.  I asked where in Mass. they had lived.  She mentioned Sudbury and my mouth fell open.  More amazing was that they had lived very near to our rental house in Sudbury and had been friends with the former tenants.  We have mutual friends and their daughter once baby-sat for Tasha.  As Mike put it: you come 1500 miles from home and bump into someone who lived a couple hundred yards away.  Very strange.

Today was mostly spent getting ready for Mike to leave.  We took the engine off the dinghy (as I can’t start that thing). The dinghy got stored on the foredeck.  We put some ice into the freezer.  Mike got packed and off we went to Orlando International.  It took us just two hours to get there.  Two hours later I was back at the marina.  I’ve been watching football in the lounge.  I was just settling in for the start of the 8:30 pm game when I remembered that I had to write the blog.  I’m not quite sure what the next few days will be like.

Position: 27 41 28.6 N, 80 23 41.7 W

No comments:

Post a Comment