Sunday, June 13, 2021

A Restful Sunday

A Restful Sunday

Sunday June 13, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday’s sail; in fact it was spectacular!  However, I certainly was not accustomed to waking up at 4:00am.  This morning I woke up at a more normal time and heard Mike in the kitchen making coffee.  In my opinion, there are few things better than waking up to the smell of coffee.    

After breakfast,  we looked over the sailing charts and discussed some options for our next few days.  Mike checked Simrad, a very complicated navigational electronic system for boaters and patiently explained to me the symbols for anchoring, the water depths, currents, wind direction and safe places to anchor.  We discovered that the initial plans to leave today would be impacted the following day by incoming thunderstorms. We agreed it was better to stay here another day, after all, it is a beautiful location, and the sun is shining and it would be safer.

The suggestion of having a relaxing Sunday was enthusiastically received.  Those that wanted to go ashore could, those that preferred to stay on the boat had that option.  And one of us, not accustomed to beautiful views of ships sailing in the harbor, the peaceful sounds of waves hitting the boat, and the gentle rocking of a boat, really liked that suggestion.

Mike decided to go ashore whilst Gloria and I decided to stay aboard ….

Now the custom on the Cotinga is for guests to write a blog post on their last day.  I am so thoroughly enjoying Gloria and Mike’s hospitality on this cruise that I did not mind writing another (although I have been told that I am not absolved from writing one on the last day).  

Sheila

40 53.070 N, 73 30.759 W


Gloria and Mike in the cockpit at Oyster Bay


A selection of flower photos ...


A selection of flower photos ...


A selection of flower photos ...


4 comments: