Sunday, January 17, 2021

Lots of football and a smattering of stupid

Lots of football and a smattering of stupid

Sunday January 17, 2021

Last night we watched the first half of the game between the LA Rams and the Green Bay Packers.  We were both falling asleep so we gave up on it.  This morning we watched the second half of that game.  After a break of a couple of hours, we started watching the Bills/ Ravens game.  

Near half time we felt we had to do something with our day and took a walk along to 20th Street.  There you can walk out onto the now defunct bascule bridge that used to carry traffic across the harbor. As we were walking back, Mike casually asked what I thought I’d like for dinner.  This is where the stupid crept in. The smart answer would be “grilled cheese sandwich” or “scrambled eggs”.  I have no one but myself to blame for the fact that Moo Shu Chicken came out of my mouth.  Once I said it, I was on the hook for making it.  There is a LOT of chopping to be done for that dish. Mike kindly helped with some of the cutting. The dish I produced bore no resemblance to Moo Shu.  Considering that our stock of provisions did not include many of the ingredients, I guess we were lucky to get a decent meal.  In the future, I should be a lot more cautious in answering that question of what I’d like for dinner.  

Naturally, we had to watch the second half of the Buffalo/Baltimore game over dinner.  Will we start on the Browns/ Chiefs game tonight or are we over-loaded with football?

Gloria

p.s. dinner was delicious ... Mike

24 42.220 N, 81 06.131 W


Private marina on Bay side of Marthon keys.


It is not an exaggeration to say that every docking line in the marina was "Flemished" in this way. Gloria and I need to up our game!


A pretty butterfly we saw whilst out on our walk


This is a photo of a large mosaic we saw on the outside wall of the local elementary school. It was really beautiful and inspired me to think about trying to make some mosaics from my photos






No comments:

Post a Comment