Sunday, May 30, 2021

Weather wonders

Weather wonders

Sunday 30th May 2021

Two days ago we were so hot we were swimming off the boat in San Domingo Creek just to cool down and now today we are running our heating to keep warm. Well it wasn’t raining when we woke up this morning so that’s a blessing. We think we got in excess of two inches of rain in the previous 36 hours. Yesterday we never left the boat. When I came to pump out the dinghy this morning I stepped into the cockpit and then quickly retreated to get an extra layer. It turned out that I didn’t it because whilst it was cold outside I was working so hard pumping the rainwater out of the dinghy that I was plenty warm enough. I think it took me the best part of 15 minutes to empty all the water.

We then took the Dumb Dog into town and walked around to stretch our legs and had lunch in Limoncello, a nice Italian bistro. I ate the linguine with clams (yummy) and Gloria had a panini (less inspiring). This afternoon we are back on Cotinga and hanging out. Gloria has her sewing machine out and is assembling strips of fabric for her latest quilt project and I have been working up photos of flowers that I took this morning (see below). The people who own the house next to the dinghy dock have an amazing garden, with a sign saying please come in and look around – so this morning we did. I met the owners of the house and their dog whilst taking close up photos of their flowers. They were quite charming.

The big question this evening is how to approach the shower. The garden sprayer isn’t too appealing on cold days. We do have a full shower, which would undoubtedly be warmer, but we don’t want to use all the water that would entail. I think we’ll crank up our forced hot air heating system (it’s a very effective German Espar system that runs on diesel) and hope we can find the courage!

Mike

38 46.244 N, 76 13.754 W


Pink Calla lily  - (105 mm micro lens, tripod, focused stacked images)



Peach Calla lily - (105 mm micro lens, tripod, 
focused stacked images)




Peach Calla lily from above - (105 mm micro lens, tripod, focused stacked images)


We don't know what this plant is called! - (105 mm micro lens, tripod, focused stacked images)


No comments:

Post a Comment